Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Under the nurse’s direct supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in direct patient care and assists patients with daily living activities.
Apply Here »
- Completes and records patient vital signs in a timely manner.
- Ensures that patient temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure are taken and recorded as per instruction.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and appropriately reports abnormalities in a timely manner.
- Ensures that fluid and food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living. (e.g., bathing, oral hygiene, care of hair, oral feedings, positioning, transfers, etc.)
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the primary nurse.
- Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition
- Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon a change of shift.
- Performs walking rounds at the change of shift.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members positively and professionally.
- Returns all soiled trays upon patient meal completion in a timely manner.
- Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned and/or emptied as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess patient and unit needs, communicating those needs to a supervisor or appropriate persons.
- Performs patients’ weights as ordered
- Updates patient communication board daily for the assigned patient group.
- Maintains patient turning schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prefer at least six (6) months of experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
- High school Degree or equivalent
Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the States in which performing duties
Certified in AHA BLS