Cognitive Rehabilitation Counselor - Full-Time
Provide neurocognitive therapy to residents with acquired brain injury. May provide education for individuals, families, or groups. Works within a multidisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive and quality rehabilitation service for the residents’ cognitive losses. There will be a need to plan, develop and evaluate the service in response to consumer and service needs.
Apply Here »
- Provide cognitive rehabilitation therapy to residents and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming deficits, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding the patients’ histories and progress, services provided, and other required information.
- Develop resident treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and resident histories.
- Review and evaluate residents’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Interview residents, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals’ mental and physical condition and determine their suitability for participation.
- Intervene as an advocate for residents to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Provide residents and family members with information about acquired brain injury and available resources, making appropriate referrals.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in resident status.
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team and Program Director to develop a master treatment plan.
- Attend training sessions to increase knowledge and skills.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting residents in coping and adjusting to cognitive changes.
- Participate in treatment planning and staff meetings.
- Respond to requests for services in a timely manner
- Provide supervision if appropriate.
- Be responsible for providing the billing department with services rendered on a daily basis.
- Must maintain appropriate licensure
- Develop cognitive groups based on individual subspecialties and lead them.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in cognitive rehabilitation or educational background
- Background in healthcare.
- 3-5 years of direct patient care experience
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work required.