Corporate Director of Procurement - Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Procurement will provide centralized procurement and control of supplies, equipment, and services to obtain the maximum value of each dollar of each expenditure.
Apply Here »
- Ensures the department delivers quality purchasing services in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages all departmental operating activities to provide quality purchasing services efficiently and effectively, meeting all applicable regulatory agencies and corporate guidelines.
- Assumes a role in purchasing compliance with contract agreements to enhance corporate purchasing power.
- Investigates and respond appropriately to all complaints and take effective corrective action when necessary.
- Negotiates with outside supply and equipment vendors to ensure cost-effectiveness in acquiring goods and services in those situations where a Nexus contract does not exist.
- Assures interdepartmental compliance in properly using purchase requisitions provided by the Materials Management Department.
- Efficiently procures all supplies and equipment for the hospital through purchasing requisitions, capital expenditure requests, and purchase orders.
- Assists in the planning and budgeting of the hospital for future acquisitions.
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable for reconciliation of invoices and monitors all purchase orders closely to minimize errors in payment of invoices.
- Supervises the labeling of patient chargeable versus non-chargeable to ensure proper billing of patient supplies.
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, warehousing, general stores, and supply distribution to assure accuracy and efficiency.
- Develops and implements various inventory control and distribution systems, including inspecting supply requisitions for accuracy in the distribution of supplies.
- Works to standardize supplies utilized within the facility and controls the introduction of new products.
- Conducts physical inventories in conjunction with a hospital-wide inventory management program.
- Develops departmental budget within designated deadlines according to budgetary procedures.
- Investigates and suggest to the Administrator alternatives to the established budget depending on shifting demands of resources.
- Utilizes financial resources within the established budget.
- Recommends cost savings or revenue generation through innovative methods with an area of responsibility or another hospital area.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and equipment as appropriate knowledge of advances in the profession of purchasing.
- Assumes responsibility for professional educational development to ensure appropriate knowledge of advances in the profession of purchasing.
- Maintains hand displays appropriate knowledge of materials management/purchasing developments through literature.
- Attends and participates in all hospital management training and development workshops as scheduled by the hospital.
- Maintains purchasing/central supply library, which meets DNV/CARF/ accreditation board standards.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis and updates as needed.
- Identifies personal and professional areas for improvement and actively seeks ways to meet hospital developmental needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in healthcare materials management
- Prefer additional two years in a leadership role
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain it within thirty (30) days of hire