The Dietary Cook is responsible for dietary meal preparation and service. This position is expected to carry out requests made by Supervisor and Dietitian to ensure food is at an appropriate temperature.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes daily tracking log of the number of meals, food served, food/meal substitutions, and food temperature checks.
• Adheres to the Food Safety manual regarding any food preparation practices.
• Ensures preparation of all meals timely.
• Ensures kitchen clean-up daily.
• Ensures that grocery and general shopping is completed in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
• Ensures that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained, including appropriate storage and rotating of supplies.
• Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety, and infection control as mandated by the Texas Department of Health.
• Prepares and Serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanical soft).
• Documents daily temperature checks on both refrigerators and freezer.
• Works safely with all equipment
• Addresses patients, staff, and visitors with warmth and respect
• Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing the quality of work
• Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to meet the needs of the department and hospital.
• Participates in and understands Food and Nutrition Services process improvement projects
• Demonstrates knowledge of proper chemical use and storage
• Prepares and delivers formulas in the absence of dietary aide
• Assists in the delivery of food trays
• Delivers P.M. formulas as necessary.
• Maintains tray accuracy of at least 80%.
• Represents the department in the absence of the Dietary Manager to administration, physicians, and other team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Apply Here »
• Maintains Food Service handler’s Certification.
• Basic computer skills required
• Must have a valid driver’s license