Dietitian - Full-time
The Dietitian oversees patient diets in accordance with physician orders and ensures nutritional adequacy of patient menus.
- Conducts Nutritional assessments and monitoring per DNV guidelines.
- Conducts nutrition education and in-service education to meet the needs of patients and staff.
- Assesses patient’s nutritional status and establishes goals for each patient within 72 hours of admission.
- Provides appropriate educational in-service to dietary and nursing departments.
- Communicates with all appropriate disciplines information regarding patient care regularly.
- Participates in patient team conferences.
- Participates on appropriate committees as appointed.
- Evaluates and approve patient menus and approves modified diets.
- Instruct patients and their families on the nutritional needs at home and appropriate ways to achieve these as ordered by the physician.
- Educates patient/family on food/drug interactions and documents appropriate notation of such in the patient medical record.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the patient’s nutritional care in the patient’s medical record in a timely and consistent manner.
- Assists in planning and conducting appropriate performance improvement.
- Develops and maintains department policies and procedures.
- Operates within set departmental budget and implements cost-saving procedures.
- Correlates dietary needs with laboratory findings consistently.
- Collaborates with physicians regarding nutritional needs and suggestions.
- Closely monitors patient weight to ensure goals of gain or loss are achieved.
- Recommends and/or assists with specific nutritional patient measurements to evaluate more specific goals, i.e., calorie counts, pre-albumin/albumin monitoring, etc.
- Allots extra time and problem-solving to children who fail to thrive, are picky eaters, have digestive problems, etc., to improve nutritional status.
- Ensures flexibility and creativity in methods developed to assist children in eating.
Apply Here »
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One (1) year of clinical experience, pediatrics preferred
- Bachelor‘s of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics or related degree
- Master‘s degree preferred
- Licensed Dietitian in the state of Texas
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration