Director of Maintenance - Full- Time
The Director of Maintenance is individually responsible for overseeing the hospital’s physical plant and equipment maintenance. Also, as the Safety Officer, this position is responsible for the oversight hospital of the hospital Safety Program.
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates knowledge of Building Codes.
- Maintains the inventory of hospital-owned medical equipment and is responsible for coordinating and obtaining repairs when needed.
- Participates in department rotating on-call schedule per Nexus policy.
- Follows a preventive maintenance schedule that includes periodic inspecting of building, grounds, utility systems, and department equipment to ensure good working order.
- Works pro-actively to perform routine maintenance and repairs on plumbing, electrical, mechanical, etc., as directed and in accordance with established procedures.
- Documents findings from inspections on Maintenance Log Cards.
- Schedules and coordinates the repair or replacement of equipment, building, grounds, or utility systems.
- Performs or coordinates unscheduled maintenance tasks when he deems necessary according to regulations.
- Maintains facility in good repair to ensure a safe environment.
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to the safety supervisor immediately.
- Leads Safety Committee and EOC Committee.
- Ensures that contractor bids and/or quotes are completed and received in a timely manner.
- Leads the hospital Safety Committee ensuring that safety issues are addressed and resolved during monthly meetings.
- Develops and provides training to the hospital staff regarding its safety program.
- Follows up with appropriate staff whenever a safety hazard is reported.
- Accessible 24/7 to the hospital Administrator unless other arrangements have been made and communicated to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible for selection of candidates for available positions in Plant Operations. Plant Operations staff consists of Housekeeping, Engineering, and Maintenance department staff.
- Makes suggestions for revising systems & routines, resulting in improved department operation.
- Assists Administrator/ CEO in the development of a fiscally sound department budget.
- Provides input into the development & implementation of Plant Operations related hospital projects.
- Evaluate direct report staff using hospital performance appraisals their first 45 days, 90 days, and then a minimum once a year after that.
- Utilizes knowledge of fiscal management when making daily operational decisions.
- Monitors staff performance & attendance. Records variances & counsels staff as appropriate in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources.
- Oversees Plant Operations staff and outlines role expectations. Ensures duties assigned are performed.
- Performs periodic safety walks throughout the facility to ensure the facility is free from safety hazards.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and problem prevention skills in the areas of maintenance and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of related building maintenance experience, emphasizing maintenance, repair, and semi-skilled craftsmanship of various building trades, including plumbing, electrical, and painting.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience are required.
- Minimum of High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver License
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire