Human Resource Generalist - Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the Corporate Director of Human Resources, the Manager of Human Resources maintains general oversight and responsibility for all human resource and employee safety functions of the facility.
Apply Here »
- Organizes, schedules, and participates in new employee orientation.
- Tracks employee terminations and submits corresponding paperwork to Payroll Administrator.
- Verifies, initially and annually, employee licensures or certifications, background checks, OIG, EPLS, etc.
- Ensures all annual evaluations are completed and discussed with employees.
- Conducts employee of the month and/or employee of the year nominations and voting.
- Coordinates with the Corporate Human Resources Team for recruitment to provide adequate hospital staffing.
- Coordinates training and updates licensure and certifications per company policy.
- Participates in the development and implementation of hospital fire, disaster, utilities, security, medical equipment, and evacuation plans on an as-needed basis.
- Reviews Incident Reports; monitors and tracks occupational injury claims for potential trends or other possible problems/concerns.
- Submits completed new hire paperwork to Payroll Administrator in a timely manner.
- Partners with System Specialist, Payroll to ensure payroll data is accurate and processed according to company policy.
- Consults with appropriate department managers to initiate and review disciplinary investigations following the Employee Conduct and Workplace Expectations Policy.
- Attends regularly and contributes to HR meetings.
- Travels to other Nexus Facilities as requested.
- With the assistance of the Corporate Human Resources Director, resolves areas of concern or conflict with patient families, co-workers, or external customers in a professional, proactive, and courteous manner.
- Organizes, schedules, and participates in monthly activities to enhance employee morale.
- Attends and contributes to all mandatory facility meetings and in-services.
- Organizes and leads staff pieces of training as needed.
- Communicates with the Corporate Human Resources Director regarding facility HR programs, goals, objectives, problems, and successes.
- Communicates in a courteous, respectful, and kind manner to staff, residents/patients, visitors, telephone callers, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of changes in federal and state HR policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of general HR Healthcare experience required.
- At least six (6) months of health care experience preferred
- A high school diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Valid Driver license
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain it within thirty (30) days of hire