ICU Registered Nurse (RN) - Night Shift - $5,000 Sign-On
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager/House Supervisor the ICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with the laws governing nursing practice and hospital policy.
Apply Here »
- Provides patient care within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act of the BNE and hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the critically ill patients’/residents’ histories, current progress/practices, care requirements and treatment goals.
- Performs head to toe assessment of each assigned patient within one hour from the beginning of shift.
- Performs procedures basic to the general wellbeing of the patient.
- Identifies unsafe patient care practices and assumes responsibility for intervention. Documents when appropriate.
- Investigates all unfamiliar procedures, techniques and medications (purpose, methods and side effects) before carrying them out.
- Prioritizes and organizes care that is given to each patient, using patient input when possible.
- Satisfactorily functions as a Team Leader or Team Member in Code Blue and Rapid Responses.
- Acts as a resource person and gives assistance to staff in performance of their duties.
- Safely and effectively utilizes equipment in the provision of patient care and demonstrates knowledge and skill in the following areas: high risk medications, invasive procedures, high risk equipment.
- Consistently collaborates with other staff members and assists them when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in procedures requiring moderate sedation or post care.
- Follows protocols, best practices, and bundle guidelines.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures including the 10 rights and legible documentation.
- Demonstrates competence in performing basic drug calculations and drip titration.
- Participates in patient rounds as required and completes team conference report.
- Accepts patient assignments, within their scope, as directed by the Nurse Manager/House supervisor.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Provides comprehensive patient handoff at the end of the shift.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Attends 80% of Nurse Education courses with Nexus Specialty Hospital.
- Attends at least 80% of all staff meetings.
- Actively participates in orienting/precepting of new employees.
- Possesses ability to recognize changes in patient condition and implements appropriate interventions.
- Completes documentation that reflects patient events, communication, status, and changes.
- Communicate with patients, patient’s family, staff, and physicians in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participates as a nurse team member in Quality Management System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Preferred minimum of at least two (2) year’s experience years’ experience in acute care ICU or LTAC ICU setting.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Certified in AHA BLSCPR and ACLS
- Certified in SAMACPI or must obtain within 90 days of hire.