Information Technology Business Analyst - Full-Time
Applies EMR leading industry practices to successfully configure and implement packaged solutions to meet the needs of the business. Under the supervision of the EMR Manager, the EMR Financial Analyst will define, review, analyze and evaluate fundamental business systems. They will define user needs, formulate business requirements, and configure our EMR solution to support the organization.
Apply Here »
- Serve as Project team lead (BAR/ADM/CWS/ARM/MIS Application) focal point by providing business and
- functional expertise during EMR implementation life cycle (e.g., requirements gathering/validation, workflow definition, best practice/HIPAA standards, etc.)
- Act as liaison on Project Implementation team using relationship-building skills to develop rapport with clients, perform research and analysis of basic/complex issues surrounding hospital processes, efficiency, and practices, including improvement recommendations
- Provide input into the application design and testing process
- Oversee the developing and executing of end-user training along with the execution of user training
- (train the trainer) and User Acceptance Training
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams to ensure solutions reflect best practice
- Confirm delivery area requirements are met for all applications for Ancillary and Business. Includes all timelines collected and confirmed with delivery areas resources
- Maintain corporate safety initiatives and government regulations, so they are reflected in the electronic process
- Create the educational and the GO-Live rollout plans
- Confer with business to define and establish ongoing organizational build duties required for aggressive rollout plan
- Work proactively with IT and the business to manage and resolve production application issues – from
- identification through resolution
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to document business and systems workflows for existing and
- new applications
- Provide regular updates on project tasks, schedules, and estimates of work to be completed.
- Lead coordination and project management, requirements gathering, the definition of current and future state workflow, development of specifications, test scenario development, test script development, application testing, and user acceptance testing
- Function as an expert user and serve as a cross-functional, knowledgeable, single point of contact for business staff and project management
- Serves as the primary resource for module enhancement/edits/modifications and troubleshooting for
- the financial modules of ADM, CWS, ARM, ABS, MRI, and BAR. This includes “help desk” support for module functionality as needed by the facilities
- Performs ongoing monitoring of such modules to ensure proper utilization and efficiencies and provides ongoing feedback to leadership as well as the development of action plans to address any findings
- Serves as a primary resource for all financial modules in regards to functionality and performs ongoing/continuing education of system functionality to end-users
- Assists in the development and deployment (both system set up and user training) of process maps/process flows and assists in evaluating current processes for effectiveness. Able to apply six sigma/lean concepts to process evaluation and enhancement
- Reviews, tests, and educates all pertinent parties on any updates/priority pack and version enhancements related to the financial modules
- Maintains all related financial dictionaries in the ADM, BAR, CWS, ARM, ABS, and MRI modules
- Assists with the building and testing of any relevant interfaces for the financial modules
- Serves as a liaison to the facilities and corporate departments in support of such modules
- Assist in preparing annual claim budgets detailing utilization trends and unit cost assumptions. Assist with projections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business Revenue Cycle management
- Meditech EMR Implementation and configuration experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate staff competency in systems applications; use of computing devices, and integrate the applications into clinician workflow.
- Moderate SQL skills desired
- Clinical Healthcare operational and technology experience preferred
- Has a working knowledge of system development lifecycle processes
- Experience managing and resolving support issues
- Strong knowledge and experience in healthcare. Must have an exceptional understanding of the business processes that are used to support urgent care, occupational health, primary care, and other services
- Experience in identifying solutions to resolve design issues and to communicating these solutions to the project manager effectively
- Experience with eliciting requirements from business users and stakeholders
- Experience in translating the results of design sessions into configuration requirements
- Exceptional ability to identify and track issues and drive them to a conclusion
- Experience producing project artifacts to include status reports, business requirements, non-technical design documents, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field such as Healthcare Administration or business administration