Laboratory Manager, Full-time
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Central Laboratory, which includes accessioning and the automated instruments, chemistry lab analyzers, and liquid robotic handlers.
Apply Here »
- Supervises the Accessioners and Medical Technologists to ensure they comply with company guidelines particularly related to quality and timeliness of service.
- Provides direction to the department staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving goals.
- Evaluates workload and client needs for recommendations in process improvement, staffing and/ or training.
- Interviews candidates and works with Human Resources to ensure hiring of appropriate staff with necessary technical competence.
- Conducts employee counseling and all disciplinary actions discreetly, fairly and in a timely manner, ensuring coordination with Human Resources.
- Meets regularly with staff to discuss daily operations, indicators, customer needs, problems, and changes.
- Maintains current knowledge to help with educational, technical, and/or support activities as needed.
- Handles the performance management process for the team including performance reviews and salary administration.
- Manages the team’s time and attendance.
- Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor;
- Is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by a testing personnel qualified under § 493.1489.
- Is responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Participates in the establishment of ranges, specimen requirements for tests, and acceptance criteria.
- Oversees scheduled maintenance, corrective actions, and troubleshooting to assure result quality and performance efficiency through the maintaining of written records.
- Oversees and maintains adequate supply inventories.
- Oversees, as necessary, all specimen accessioning and computer log-in/order entry functions and work organization activities.
- Oversees specific quality control functions in accordance with written procedures.
- Assures the qualifications and validation of all lab personnel in areas of responsibility, specific tests, and/or work stations, and assigns personnel duties as necessary.
- Anticipates and plans proficiency testing of patient samples.
- Oversee and performs specific quality control functions in accordance with written procedures.
- Review QC, procedural updates, corrective actions, and maintenance records on a regular basis.
- Review proficiency testing results, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Oversee and maintain CLIA and OSHA compliance.
- Maintain all records required by CLIA for two years or longer (as needed).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an MT in a CLIA or CAP environment, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising a team in a clinical laboratory setting, required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire