Licensed Vocational Nurse - Full Time
Under the Registered Nurse/House Supervisor’s direct supervision, the LVN provides direct nursing care in accordance with the laws governing nursing practice.
Apply Here »
- Ensures that the scope of duties and services provided is consistent and within the state nursing practice guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’ histories, current progress, and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Receives telephone orders from the Licensed Independent Practitioner and completes orders per established policies and procedures.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic drug calculations.
- Participates in rounds when appropriate.
- Accepts patient assignments as directed by the Charge Nurse.
- Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by certified nursing assistants.
- Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional advancement.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Ability to recognize changes in patient status with the implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Verbalizes the Licensed Vocational Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred at least two (2) years of experience in an acute/post–acute hospital setting.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which providing care.
- Maintain current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Must be certified in BLS upon hire date.
- Must be certified in ACLS and PALS within forty-five (45) days of hire date.
- Patient de-escalation training (SAMA) is required within 30 days of hire.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment.
- Attends aggressive behavioral management training as required by the facility.