Living Skills Support/Patient Care Attendant
Living Skills Support is responsible for providing optimum quality care, ensuring the maintenance of a safe home-like environment, carrying out the programming activities, and assisting in activities daily living skills for Nexus Neurorecovery Center residents. This position is considered an essential staff member who must be on duty to provide services to Nexus Neurorecovery during emergencies and/or disaster situations, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with residents including ability to de-escalate residents with verbal interaction.
- Assists residents in promptly following through with programming issues, and medical and community appointments.
- Demonstrates ability to interact appropriately with residents by role modeling for them and encouraging them to complete assigned projects.
- Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, and physician notes and summaries.
- Initiates assignments without hesitation and when done, seeks out other assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Displays willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Assists and supervises residents in cleaning and maintaining vehicles, grounds and residences as part of regular home maintenance programming.
- Assists residents by providing options to problems and guiding them to choose the best solutions.
- Assists residents in purchasing appropriate amounts and types of items as outlined by their weekly budget sheet.
- Assists residents in properly storing and labeling food items.
- Monitors and assists residents in preparing meals that have been planned.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately document all observed resident behavior and activity according to current progress note format as directed by supervisor
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding transportation of residents both on and off property
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding use of company vans.
- Demonstrates ability to lead educational groups as assigned.
- Checks resident’s vital signs and documents appropriately.
- Reports all abnormalities with residents’ health/condition according to company policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a courteous, respectful and kind manner to staff, residents, visitors, telephone callers, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to follow home exercise program as outlined by therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to follow individualized behavior protocol including providing positive reinforcement and setting limits.
- Demonstrates ability to assist residents with their activities of daily living based on their individual needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred minimum of (1) years experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting
- Preferably knowledgeable of or prior exposure to assisting a person with neurological deficits with disabilities in rehabilitation, acute care, community re-entry, or another healthcare-related program
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified in AHA BLS and ABC 101 / Behavioral Intervention Certification
- Proven competency in the following: Vital signs, feeding, transfers, APL’s, documentation, skin integrity/wound care.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check upon hire.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.