Maintenance Staff - Full-time
The Maintenance Staff assists the Supervisor Maintenance to ensure maintenance of facility/hospital physical plant operations and equipment and assumes responsibility for laundry cleaning, sanitation, and proper PAR levels.
Apply Here »
- Maintains facility in good repair to ensure a safe environment.
- Ensures a clean and safe environment in all exterior areas of the facility
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to the safety supervisor immediately.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and problem prevention skills in the areas of maintenance and safety.
- Assumes responsibility for assuring clean linen is handled, transported, and stored using proper infection control techniques to prevent contamination.
- Demonstrates the correct use of chemicals for disinfecting the linen using the correct washing cycle number for each item.
- Demonstrates ability to sort the soiled linen using appropriate infection control personal protective equipment.
- Ensures transport of soiled linen using the proper techniques to prevent contamination.
- Demonstrates ability to clean washing machines and dryer filters each day properly.
- Ensures the cleaning and maintenance of a specific area of the hospital as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Ensures learning the cleaning and maintenance of the other areas of the hospital.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use of each chemical.
- Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled.
- Ensures that the cleaning cart is properly cleaned.
- Ensures that chemicals are properly locked up and secured.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the staffing needs of the department.
- Ensures the proper use of all designated housekeeping equipment, i.e., vacuum cleaners, buffer, carpet machine.
- Assists the housekeepers with vacuuming as needed.
- Assists housekeepers with terminal cleaning as needed.
- Assists housekeepers with the buffing and waxing of the floors as needed.
- Checks email/webmail during scheduled shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (2) years related building maintenance experience emphasized maintenance, repair, and semi-skilled craftsman of various building trades, including plumbing, electrical, and painting.
- Must be knowledgeable of building codes, licensing standards, DNV and ADA guidelines.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent