Materials Management Coordinator - Full Time
Under the supervision of the Materials Manager, the Materials Management Coordinator is responsible for daily processing of supply and equipment request by preparing purchasing documents, maintaining receipts as well as maintaining appropriate safety stock for supplies, rental equipment consignments within the department.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Apply Here »
- Maintains appropriate safety supply stock/par levels in Materials Management storeroom and facility-wide which includes all med/surg supplies, respiratory, dietary supplements, stock office supplies and select back up consignment medical equipment.
- Prepares storeroom purchasing documents for approval and files for future processing. Is accountable in ensuring all purchasing log entries are checked for accuracy on a daily basis.
- Places routine orders with vendors as specified by the Materials Manager. Ensures correct products on the shelf are for distribution to all sub-inventory at all times.
- Receives supplies, verifying that contents match packing slip and are delivered in good condition and reports any discrepancy to Materials Manager or ordering department. Is responsible for matching packing list against purchase order to ensure accuracy.
- Unpacks and put away supplies/break down boxes.
- Ensures that all stock is properly rotated and that no expired supplies remain in stock.
- Notifies department Materials Manager for any unusual or high usual items.
- Manages and maintains laboratory floor stock supplies. Assist in Floor stock replenishment.
- Collects and process patient charge tickets and equipment charges for data processing.
- Labels chargeable supplies and prepares inter-department supply request such as specialty wound care, special procedure supplies and office supplies.
- Responsible for preparing crash cart exchange trays to replenish medical, surgical and respiratory supplies in crash cart with the exception Pharmacy medications. Ensures crash carts are returned to pharmacy in an acceptable timeframe so that it may be placed in ready mode after it has been used.
- Responsible for logging and monitoring product expiration dates including the timely removal of expired products in circulation.
- Distributes inter-departmental requisitioned supplies or equipment upon request on a timely basis. Ensure all shipments delivered to recipients are documented and signed for by recipient in the delivery log.
- Responsible for tracking biomed equipment on consignment and prepares purchase order documentation.
- Maintains a log of all patients’ rental equipment including consignment equipment for equipment tracking and
- billing purposes.
- Ensures the appropriate departmental safety and infection control procedures are followed.
- Responsible for assuring medical equipment stored in department are stored properly and organized following infection control protocols.
- Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency. Assist in floor stock replenishment when required by Materials Manager.
- Ensures Materials Management storeroom is kept neat, orderly and hazard free according to regulatory standards.
- Represents the department to Administration, other areas, outside entities and the public in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum two years in healthcare Materials Management purchasing and storeroom setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- High school diploma or equivalent.