Medical Laboratory Technologist - PRN
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs general tests on patients of all ages, which regularly require a professional level of knowledge to execute, interpret, and analyze in an accurate and timely manner.
Apply Here »
- Performs clinical laboratory procedures following established guidelines.
- Resolves technical problems and exhibits other critical thinking skills.
- Performs and monitors Quality Control /instrument maintenance.
- Enters/ retrieves/transmits laboratory test data into LIS/HIS.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
- Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the ordering, maintaining, and stocking of supplies.
- Participates in departmental QA and collects data as directed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Laboratory Information System.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor.
- Responsible for accuracy of the test results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- (1) year as a Medical Laboratory Technologist is required.
- Minimum of a high school required.
- Associates degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical science, medical technology, or in a life / biological science (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, etc.) preferred
- Certification as a medical laboratory technician or clinical laboratory technician by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), AMT (American Medical Technologists), or AAB (American Association of Bioanalysts.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire