Medical Receptionist - Full-time
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all vendors and visitors, in addition to applicant tracking and answering the telephones. The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial support to the facility administrative staff. The Medical Receptionist will be assisting in handling and stocking supplies for the hospital.
Apply Here »
- Provides telephonic support by answering telephones in an appropriate, courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Transferring phone calls to the correct departments and screening calls for HIPAA purposes.
- Assists with updating and disturbing employee telephone directory on a regular basis.
- Provides quality customer service to all staff, vendors, and visitors.
- Greets visitors in a courteous manner, ensuring appropriate sign in procedures are followed.
- Provides administrative secretarial support to staff as requested.
- Checking in and out families, patients, and vendors.
- Ensures that mail is properly prepared and sent to and picked up from the post office daily. Ensures that deliveries of packages, supplies, orders, etc. are distributed to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Ensures all in-going and out-going mail is distributed accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Inputting charges into Meditech.
- Assisting in admissions and collecting admission paperwork from new patients and families.
- Finishing admission paperwork, patient labels, and face sheets.
- Ensures that administrative offices are clean and presentable for guests, visitors, and staff.
- Maintains administrative filing, printing, scanning, and other tasks in a timely manner.
- Assists in ordering administrative lunches as requested by administration.
- Ensures central supply is kept neat, orderly, and hazard-free according to regulatory standards.
- Ensure the appropriate departmental safety and infections control procedures are followed.
- Perform daily inventory to replenish and maintain PAR levels supplies in all nursing floor stock locations.
- Maintain responsibility for logging and monitoring product expiration dates including the timely removal of expired products in circulation.
- Maintains responsibility for assuring floor stock items are neat and organized.
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the charge nurse.
- Resolves with assistance from charge nurse, areas of concern or conflict with patient families and/or co-workers in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent preferably with some college courses.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and dependable transportation.
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection Control and Universal Precautions at all times.
- Must obtain a tuberculosis test within the first 14 days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
- Must pass a criminal background, misconduct registry and OIG/GSA Sanction check.