Monitor Technician - Full-Time
Under the Nurse Manager’s direct supervision, House Supervisor, DON, and the Monitor Tech will observe patients’ cardiac rhythms placed on monitor monitors and assist in Unit Secretary duties as needed.
Apply Here »
- Observes the respiratory and cardiac rhythms of patients placed on monitors always.
- Provides ongoing dialogue with Registered Nurses (R.N.)/Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN)with the status of
- monitors and demonstrates the ability to identify emergency rhythms and baseline changes.
- Notifies primary care nurse as needed with change in patient’s rhythm and alarms.
- Demonstrates ability to think and prioritize workload critically.
- Assists visitors as needed while recognizing that observing patient cardiac rhythms are a priority.
- Consistently and accurately fills out and discusses shift report sheets to the oncoming shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to apply monitor leads and electrodes using a bedside monitor or portable transmitter.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to admit and discharge a patient from the monitor accurately
- system to include setting patient-specific alarm parameters.
- Receives incoming facility calls. Demonstrates professionalism in this role to both external/internal customers.
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the charge nurse.
- When necessary, ensure critical value reports from the lab reach the primary care nurse.
- Maintains an orderly and clean work environment.
- Checks all alarm limits at the commencement of shift and throughout shift as needed.
- Initiates code blue/rapid response on request of nursing staff (not based on monitoring).
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information via charge nurse and shift report.
- Trains new staff as directed.
- Completes all required documentation of patient care per shift.
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer six months’ experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation setting.
- Prefer 1-year experience in a Telemetry Tech position.
- Minimum of H.S. diploma or equivalent required
- Current facility Telemetry certification or equivalent
- Must be certified in AHA BLS
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility or obtain within 90 days