Music Therapist - PRN
The Music Therapist uses clinical and evidence-based assessments and music interventions to accomplish individualized goals in conjunction with the patient’s age, medical condition, and family/significant others. Interventions are designed specifically to assist patients and families in coping with the stress and trauma associated with the diagnosis. The Music Therapist works with an interdisciplinary team to set priorities in the planning, implementing, and evaluating programming with patients and families. The Music Therapist’s goals include helping patients manage pain and stressful situations, encouraging self-expression, and promoting communication, motor development, and socialization. The Music Therapist communicates with the department manager to establish and maintain overall music therapy programming.
Apply Here »
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team to ascertain whether individuals qualify for music therapy.
- Designing musical interventions based on therapeutic goals to improve clients’ psychological, physical, and social health.
- Providing group music therapy sessions.
- Inviting clients to interact by encouraging them to sing and dance.
- Monitoring clients during musical interventions and measuring the effectiveness of sessions.
- Recording and videotaping clients periodically to measure effectiveness and progress.
- Keeping records of client progress.
- Conducting biannual assessments to re-evaluate clients.
- Maintaining musical instruments.
- Overseeing and mentoring Music Therapist interns.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient with guitar, piano, drums, autoharp, and other instruments.
- Excellent singing abilities.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Preferred experience in adolescent or pediatric settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in music therapy.
- 2+ years of work experience as a music therapist.
- Certified with Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT).