Nurse Coordinator (RN) - Day and Night Shift
Under the Nurse Manager’s general supervision, the Nurse Coordinator is to provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by RN/LVNs and LSSs. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, facility, and as required by the Nurse Manager to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Apply Here »
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the LSSs/CNAs in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Rehab facility.
- Ensure that nursing personnel assigned to you comply with written policies and procedures established by the facility.
- Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions as needed to better the facility.
- Meet with your assigned nursing staff and support personnel in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities.
- Ensure nursing and staff adhere to the nursing handbook manual.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure resident’s total regimen of care is maintained.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required per policies and procedures.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary per policies and procedures.
- Notify NSH in the event of an emergency, receive direction from the on-call practitioners for resident care.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing reports, evaluation, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Complete and enter required documentation in forms/EMR upon residents, admission, transfer and/or discharge.
- Clarify and review treatment orders with MLP if needed.
- Report all discrepancies or variances to the Nurse Manager and AOC i.e.., call-ins, incidents/immediate needs that may occur during your shift.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment are on hand to meet the residents’ needs. Report needs to Nurse Manager.
- Ensure narcotic records are accurate for the next shift.
- Ensure report sheets are updated, and nurses are collecting labs and sending them out.
- Make rounds to ensure the nursing staff and personnel are performing their work assignment in accordance with NNC.
- Notify residents next of kin when there’s a change in condition/injury/elopement/death.
- At the end of your shift, provide the Nurse Manager with a recap of the night via email.
- Notifies proper management in case of natural disaster, fire, water leak, etc. at the facility
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of Acute/Long Term Care nursing experience.
- Two years in a Charge Nurse position preferred.
- Nursing degree required (LVN or RN)
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Must be BLS certified
- Must attend an aggressive behavior course within 30 days of employment.
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.