Patient Advocate - Full-time
The Patient Advocate is responsible for the patient experience during the patient’s stay Nexus Children’s Hospital-NCH-Dallas.
Apply Here »
- Assures a secure and comforting welcome to patient support person upon admission.
- Contacts families and/or patients one (1) days prior to admission to introduce your role and to review the admission process
- Follows-up on all admissions and family members during the first week of admission and weekly thereafter.
- Educate patients, families, and community members about NCH both through private discussions and community events/engagements.
- Leads the Patient Experience Committee.
- Be involved with community resources who would do special events to enhance the patient experience.
- Provide tours to patients and their stakeholders as needed.
- Organize Family Support groups as needed
- Make recommendations for improvements in operational processes to improve the patient experience at NCH
- Organize and maintain a Family Resource handbook.
- Liaisons with Leadership and treatment team members to ensure provide any positive or negative feedback from patients, families, or other stakeholders as needed.
- Presents a positive and helpful working relationship with all external case managers/representatives and community agencies.
- Resolves patient’s family or support person’s complaints or concerns to appropriate team member and follows up to ensure resolutions are acceptable to all parties.
- Helps with special projects at the facility as direct by the supervisor to improve processes.
- Exhibits professional, positive demeanor to patients and relevant parties offering constructive communication, cooperation and assistance to ensure a satisfactory outcome of the patient’s treatment.
- Provides effective assistance and promotes positive relations with co-workers to achieve a collaborative team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in case management and/or advocacy.
- Strong background in healthcare.
- 3-5 years of direct patient healthcare experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care field preferred.