Patient Sitter / 1:1 Technician - PRN - Day and Night Shift PRN
Under the Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse’s daily supervision and direction to the Nurse Manager, the Patient Sitter observes the patient for any unusual behavior and assists in preventing any harm to the patient.
Apply Here »
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the charge nurse.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection
- Maintains the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment per hospital policy.
- Keeps patient rooms in a clean and orderly condition; makes beds, replaces soiled linens, straightens beside the table, and prepares the room for occupancy.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care activities and meets all patient needs within shift parameters
- Corrects audit deficiencies of medical records within allotted time frames.
- Resolves with assistance from charge nurse, areas of concern, or conflict with patient families and/or co-workers professionally, proactive, and courteous.
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members positively and professionally.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferably six (6) months experience
- Minimum of H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification provided by an American Heart Association approved provider
- Patient de-escalation training (SAMA) required within 30 days of hire