· Demonstrates the ability to work with Administration team and nursing staff effectively.
· Able to perform all duties as described in the Pharmacy Technician job description.
· Documents activities, interventions, and processes.
· Communicates with physicians to facilitate the use of formulary.
· Follows automatic therapeutic substitution protocols.
· Follows IV to PO/PT conversion protocols.
· Conducts patient education and documents conversation.
· Collaborates with the physician to obtain lower-cost substitutions for medications that may impact the cost.
· Reads and interprets physician orders.
· Communicates drug-related information to patients, physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff verbally and in writing.
· Processes orders and prepares dispenses, and monitors the use and administration of medication therapies in the hospital as required by applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with accepted standards of practice.
· Provides for orientation, competency assessment, and ongoing educational needs of department and hospital staff related to medication therapy.
· Maintains a clean, organized pharmacy at all times. · Actively participates in PI by presenting ideas to improve services and efficiencies.
· Provides on-call coverage after hours or at times other than scheduled shifts.
· Communicates effectively with professional colleagues and vendors.
· Enters new nursing personnel into Pyxis appropriately.
· Resolves areas of concern or conflict with patients’ families, co-workers, or external customers professionally, proactively, and courteous.
· Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the pharmacy.
· Orients and trains department employees and nursing staff to achieve and maintain high standards of care.
· Provides educational in-services to clinical staff.
· Ensures pharmacy staff remains in compliance with hospital and department policies and procedures.
· Participates in monthly staff meetings to ensure appropriate information is reported and communicated.
· Monitors drug therapy/levels and adjusts therapy or communicates suggested intervention to appropriate physician or nurse.
· Reconciles daily reports to include, but not limited to discrepancies, over-rides,
· Ensure charges are documented appropriately on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
· Ensure all charge reports are generated daily.
· Actively participates in Team Conference.
· Reviews patient charts to ensure that the medications prescribed are appropriate to the patient’s disease or condition.
· Understands the process to add a medication to the drug database and Pyxis.
· Ensures there are no “unknown” medication descriptions in Pyxis.
· Communicates operational concerns and needs to the Director, when appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned.Apply Here »