Physical Therapist develops and provides physical therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Screens, evaluates and treats patients as assigned.
• Evaluates patients within two to three working days of physician referral, depending on level of care.
• Develops effective treatment plans to assigned patients.
• Supervises PTA’s and rehabilitation technicians in direct patient care and patient related activities.
• Treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Provide treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
• Participates as necessary in patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
• Participates in policy and procedure meetings.
• Documents treatments and outcomes and all required documentations related to patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
• Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
• Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
• Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient specific home exercise programs/maintenance programs.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
• Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant schools.
• Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation Services regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, electrical stimulation, traction, ultrasound, whirlpool, etc.
• Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
• Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• No experience required
• Minimum of one year working with the adult and adolescent populations preferred.
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy.
• Masters and/or Doctorate degree preferred
• Licensed by the State of Practice in Physical Therapy
• Current CPR certification.
• Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.