Physical Therapist - PRN
Physical Therapist develops and provides physical therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department
Apply Here »
- Screens, evaluates and treats patients as assigned.
- Evaluates patients within two to three working days of physician referral, depending on the level of care.
- Develops effective treatment plans for assigned patients.
- Supervises PTA’s and rehabilitation technicians in direct patient care and patient-related activities.
- Treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Provide treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
- Participates in policy and procedure meetings.
- Documents treatments and outcomes and all required documentations related to patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient-specific home exercise programs/maintenance programs.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant schools.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation Services regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, electrical stimulation, traction, ultrasound, whirlpool, etc.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- No experience required
- Minimum of one year working with the adult and adolescent populations preferred.
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy.
- Masters and/or Doctorate preferred
- Licensed by the State of Practice in Physical Therapy
- Current CPR certification.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days