Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) - PRN
Physical Therapist Assistant, Assist in developing and provides physical therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department
Apply Here »
- Screens, evaluates and treats patients as assigned.
- Evaluates patients within 72 hours of physician referral.
- Develops effective treatment plans to assigned patients.
- Treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician.
- Provide evidence-based treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences, rehabilitation meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Documents treatments, outcomes and all required documentations related to patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient specific home exercise programs/maintenance programs, safety and DME.
- Participates in discharge planning and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Provides quality customer service to patients and family members
- Communicates with medical staff in order to clarify questions regarding patient status
- Demonstrates knowledge of the medically complex patient and provides appropriate interventions based on diagnosis.
- Adheres to department productivity standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year working with the adult and adolescent populations preferred
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy.
- Licensed by the State of Practice in Physical Therapy
- Current CPR certification.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.