Psychiatrist - PRN
The Adolescent and Child Psychiatrist will serve as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team focusing as the primary caregiver in the area of behavioral health for adolescents and children. This position will diagnose and treat patients in accordance with the standards of care.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Apply Here »
- Integrate behavioral health into written interdisciplinary treatment plans for all patients under consultation
- Develop collaborative partnerships with community mental health agencies and hospitals
- Establish guidelines based on evidence-based medicine for all prevalent diagnoses.
- Identify appropriate metrics for measuring program outcomes
- Identify appropriate metrics for measuring progress of major handicapping conditions
- Meet with hospital administrator once a month to review program and future developments
- Provide billing sheets to accounting within 24 hours of new patient consults
- Attend family meetings on a regular basis to improve patient and family outcomes upon discharge
- Provide concise medication information to parents when medications are part of the treatment plan
- Complete billing sheets and physician time log on weekly basis and provide hospital administrator
- Perform review of prospective patients toward mission within four hours of receipt
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years direct care experience adolescents and children with leadership experience preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
- Must be licensed as a Psychiatrist in the State of Texas.
- Must be certified in CPR if applicable.
- Must maintain current licensure in good standing during employment with this facility.