Multi-Modality Radiologic Technologist able to safely and proficiently perform Diagnostic Radiography, Computerized Tomography, Fluoroscopy Procedures and Portable Radiography Examinations. Must have the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the patients served.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs procedures by following and verifying providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
• Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
• Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
• Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
• Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
• Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
• Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.Apply Here »
• Computerized Tomography Experience Required
• Fluoroscopy/C-arm Experience Required
• Portable Radiography Experience
• Graduate of an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
• Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency, the Texas Medical Board. CPR/BLS certification required.
• Must be licensed by the State of Texas as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist
• Must be licensed by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology (at hire) and Computerized
Tomography (within 6 months of hire)
• Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment
• Must be certified in CPR