The Receptionist is responsible for providing telephone answering and receptionist services. In addition, the Receptionist provides administrative, secretarial support to facility administrative staff and special projects as required.
• Provides telephone support by answering telephones in an appropriate, courteous, professional, and timely manner.
• Shows a willingness to assist other employees and visitors and seeks opportunities to assist others.
• Provides training to employees regarding the use of telephones.
• Assists with updating and distributing employee telephone directories regularly.
• Sells lunch tickets to employees and guests. Counts cash drawer before any sales and records sales on provided forms.
Ensures cash drawer is balanced every day before returning to Executive Admin. Assistant.
• Ensures that all relief receptionists know procedures and give detailed instructions regarding daily information before
leaving on a break.
• Returns cash drawer to Executive Assistant. Verifies dietary deposits for Executive Admin. Assistant.
• Ensures phones and voice mail are checked and handled accordingly in the absence of the Executive Admin. Assistant.
• Courteously greets visitors, ensuring appropriate sign-in procedures are followed.
• Provides administrative, secretarial support to staff as assigned and special projects as required.
• Ensures that mail is delivered and outgoing mail picked up by postman daily.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail, including inter-departmental mail, in a timely manner.
• Ensures that deliveries of packages, supplies, orders, etc., are distributed to appropriate departments in a timely
• Ensures that incoming correspondence is distributed to the correct person in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the reception area and lobby are clean and presentable for guests, visitors, and staff.
• Ensures that administrative supplies are ordered and available when needed, including toner for printer, visitor badges,
visitor logs, and any forms needed at the Reception desk for daily business.
• Maintains resume and employment application log by receiving resumes, uploading into ADP/HRIS system in a timely manner,
and sending email to Executive Admin.
• Ensures there are always current employment applications available at the Front Desk to distribute to visitors.
• Maintains administrative filing in a timely manner.
• Available to assist with communicating Spanish-speaking patients if Receptionist is bilingual or if not bilingual, obtain
assistance from another Spanish-speaking employee.
• Ensures that all charge batches are received from each department in a timely manner. Keys and/or posts batches in a
• Prints journals for each batch posted. Ensures journals are distributed to departments in a timely manner in the absence
of the Business Office Manager.
• Notifies department directors if there are errors on batch.
• Ensures daily charge deadlines are met.
• Opens and stamps accounts payable mail in a timely manner.
• Ensures invoices are distributed in a timely manner in the absence of the Business Office Manager.
• Sends weekly corporate AP packet in the absence of Business Office Manager.
• Distributes paychecks to employees.
• Performs any and all other duties and special projects as assigned.Apply Here »
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent preferably with some college courses.
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and dependable transportation.
• Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection Control and Universal Precautions at all times.
• Must obtain a tuberculosis test within the first 14 days of employment and annually after that.
• Must pass a criminal background, misconduct registry, and OIG/GSA Sanction check.