Recreational Therapist - PRN
The Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist is responsible for promoting the program’s goals and mission and ensuring compliance with all applicable licensing standards for the programs. The Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist is responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and delivering the recreational program.
Apply Here »
- Provides evaluations for residents’ recreational needs through administration of leisure inventory and interview.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of same.
- Provide individualized POC’s and treatment services within individual, group, and community based environments.
- Exhibits knowledge of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed according to
- NNC’s policies and procedures.
- Records daily treatments and billing charges with respect to department policy.
- Attends treatment team rounds and provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment team.
- Attends residents’ discharge planning meetings to discuss leisure recommendations.
- Establishes and instructs resident/caregivers in resident programs.
- Participates in in-service training programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
- Provides Activities Coordinator with education and support in direct resident care and resident-related activities
- Communicate with the Therapeutic Recreation Services Coordinator, physicians, and other team members regarding resident progress, barriers, and plans.
- Perform all job duties and tasks in accordance with the NCTRC guidelines
- Provides supervision and planning to program staff and residents’ programming in Therapeutic Recreation programs.
- Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances, demonstrating knowledge of notifying Administration as appropriate.
- Complies with and ensures staff follows Special Supervision guidelines as per policy and procedures including appropriate documentation of same.
- Assists in managing appropriate staffing standards as per budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in managing departmental purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
- Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
- Assists Activities Coordinator with monthly activity calendar and posts in all resident homes.
- Plans for all special events on campus.
- Assists with the development of the NNC Volunteer program.
- Demonstrates ability to assemble recreational media with instructions for direct care staff to use with residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year experience in a recreational therapy program, preferably with experience with individuals with neurological impairments and/or physical health & rehabilitation
- Bachelors of Science degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited institution.
- Certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist recognized by NCTRC.
- Must be certified in AHA BLS and ABC 101
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection Control and Universal Precautions at all times.
- Must have a current tuberculosis test (within one year) and be tested annually after that.
- Must pass a criminal background check on an annual basis.
- Must maintain current licensure in good standing during employment with the facility.
- Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes in the schedule and the work environment.
- Collaborative while working within an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.