Registered Nurse - $5,000 Sign on Bonus
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the guidelines of the state nursing practice act.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner, including weekly summaries, care plans, fall risk assessments, skin risk assessments, skin sheets.
- Receives telephone orders from Licensed Independent Practitioner and fulfills orders per established policies and procedures.
- Proficient in assuring prompt recognition of any untoward change in patient condition, and to facilitate appropriate nursing, medical or other intervention
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians and team members
- Serves as a professional role model to other staff.
- Serves as a resource to team members in regards to direct patient care needs
- Knowledgeable of infection control issues
- Manages time effectively and uses sound judgment to maintain optimal patient care
- Knowledgeable of patient status to plan and provide effectively
- Follows narcotic count guidelines as established by facility
- Proactive in remaining current with skills and competencies required to serve the increasingly complex population that we serve
- Responsible for oral care of trach and ventilator dependent patients
- Performs patient and family education starting at admission of the patient and documents accordingly in patient chart
- Answers alarms and call lights to ensure prompt intervention
- Actively works towards achieving goals set during annual performance review and other periodic reviews.
- Attends and completes all Mandatory Education modules in a timely manner
- Performs bedside shift report to enhance patient communication and satisfaction.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require
- At least one year of hospital experience required
- Pediatrics and/or ICU experience preferred
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Certified in BLS/ACLS/PALS
- Knowledge of basic EKG
- Care of patients with vent / trach / Gbutton / NG tubes / Mickey
Apply Here »
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.