Registered Nurse (RN) - Woodlands $7,500 Sign on Bonus
Under the Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse’s direct supervision, the RN provides nursing care in accordance with the laws governing nursing practice.
Apply Here »
- Ensures that the scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the state nursing practice act guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress, and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner, including weekly summaries, care plans, fall risk assessments, skin risk assessments, skin sheets.
- Receives telephone orders from Licensed Independent Practitioner and fulfills orders per established policies and procedures.
- Proficient in assuring prompt recognition of any untoward change in patient condition and in facilitating appropriate nursing, medical or other intervention
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians, and team members
- Serves as a professional role model for other staff.
- Serves as a resource to team members in regards to direct patient care needs
- Knowledgeable of infection control issues
- Manages time effectively and uses sound judgment to maintain optimal patient care
- Knowledgeable of patient status to plan and provide effectively
- Follows narcotic count guidelines as established by the facility
- Proactive in remaining current with skills and competencies required to serve the increasingly complex population that we serve
- Responsible for oral care of trach and ventilator-dependent patients
- Performs patient and family education starting at the admission of the patient and documents accordingly in patient chart
- Answers alarms and call lights to ensure prompt intervention
- Actively works towards achieving goals set during the annual performance review and other periodic reviews.
- Attends and completes all Mandatory Education modules in a timely manner
- Performs bedside shift report to enhance patient communication and satisfaction.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and possess the ability to perform basic drug calculations
- Participates in walking rounds with physicians daily.
- Accepts patient assignments as directed by the Charge Nurse.
- Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- Coordinates staff breaks and meal breaks to ensure all staff have rest periods.
- Ensures all overtime is authorized.
- Serves as a resource for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision making and assisting in patient care issues
- Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional advancement.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Possess the ability to recognize changes in patient status with the implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Ensures all patients who eat orally are up in a wheelchair and out of bed for all meals, including breakfast.
- Ensures all patients are ready for activities and accompany patients to activities to provide assistance as needed.
- Verbalizes the Registered Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Assists Respiratory Staff to provide security intervention as needed
- Checks timesheet daily at the end of shift to ensure correcting timesheets on an ongoing basis and approve timecards at end of pay period.
- Accesses and checks webmail each shift when working to keep informed of current events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred minimum of at least one (1) years experience in the acute/post-acute and/or pediatric setting.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Certified in BLS upon hire date.
- Certified in ACLS and PALS with forty-five (45) days of hire date.
- Maintains certifications and licenses as current to avoid voluntary resignation