Rehabilitation Technician - Full-Time
- Demonstrates knowledge of classroom management and ensures that residents participate appropriately in a group setting.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with lessons, activities, and exams, ensuring that appropriate curriculum is facilitated to residents.
- Ability to assist patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) – toileting, personal hygiene, changing briefs, showering, feeding, etc.
- Assist with transfer and mobility activities and use of mechanical lifts under the direction of the supervising therapist/therapists
- Assist therapists with treatment sessions as indicated under the direction of the supervising therapists.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor the client’s behaviors, appropriate social and work boundaries, job skills and abilities, and provide both positive and/or negative feedback.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of techniques utilized to modify behavior positively.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s functional limitations and knowledge of compensatory strategies.
- May be assigned job coaching duties; Trains the client on their assigned job duties, providing supervision and assistance until the client can perform tasks independently.
- Demonstrates ability to use tact, patience, and courtesy with clients and community employers.
- Lead and organize community trips following company procedure to facilitate client/resident training and knowledge as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to be able to solve problems independently as they arise during programming and in the client’s workplace setting with satisfactory results.
- Must be able to complete reports and maintains various records, schedules, and files to document and/or provide reliable information.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic functions on Word and Excel.
- Attend all mandatory staff meeting
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Initiates assignments without hesitation and, when completed, seeks out additional job duties.
Apply Here »
- Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, and physician notes and summaries.
- Works with supervisor to ensure a productive and cohesive team.
- Meets deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests.
- Maintain workspace area by cleaning, disinfecting, and reporting defective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer 6 to 12 months of experience working in a rehabilitation setting.
- Minimum of H.S. degree or equivalent.
- Must be certified in AHA BLS (CPR/First Aid) within 30 days of employment and renew every two (2) years.
- Must successfully pass Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) Certification within one (1) year of obtaining the Rehab Tech position.
- Must be certified in SAMA within 30 days of employment and renew annually.
- Must be a Certified Driver per Nexus Neurorecovery Center’s policies and renew annually.
- Must successfully pass all Rehab Tech position competencies annually.
- Must pass a criminal background test on an annual basis.