Residential Mental Health Therapist (LPC, LCSW) - Full-Time
The Residential Mental Health Therapist functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team and serves as a mental health therapist providing individual, group and family therapy to the adolescent residents of the facility. The Residential Mental Health Therapist will also be responsible for identifying and supporting the team with implementing behavioral interventions for residents while ensuring outcome measurements are met.
Apply Here »
- Coordinates the development and monitoring of the interdisciplinary treatment plans’ behavioral aspects in conjunction with a patient’s attending physician.
- Performs social service screening, psychosocial assessment, and discharge planning assessment on each patient admitted or readmitted to the facility within 72 hours of admission. Assessments will continue on a consistent basis depending on the need of the resident’s treatment plan.
- Develops a plan of care for behavioral health treatment to be included as part of the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation in the EMR and as otherwise assigned.
- Interacts with patients and families in a warm, empathetic, and accepting manner.
- Coordinates with the case manager and physician to facilitate family conferences upon admission and for discharge planning.
- Works closely with clinical disciplines on family education (care by a parent) before discharge.
- Assists team in the development of the appropriate level of care needed for the patient upon discharge.
- Communicate discharge barriers to the team to ensure early intervention.
- Educates internal staff members about behavioral interventions and effective communication and interpersonal strategies for caring for individuals with a behavioral dysregulations.
- Professionally presents self when representing the facility.
- Participates in marketing to the community and educating surrounding hospitals in coordination with the marketing team.
- Participates in on-going program development meetings to assess current programs’ efficacy and make recommendations for treatment fidelity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training and experience in developing, training, implementing, and monitoring written behavioral programs.
- Minimum two (2) years working in a residential treatment center setting preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical work with adolescents
- Master’s degree required in a counseling related field
- Current license in counseling/social work field from the state of Texas (LPC, LPCA, LCSW, LMSW)
- Must be certified in CPR/BLS or be trained within 30 days of hire
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility