RN House Supervisor - Full Time
The House Supervisor performs various functions to ensure optimal delivery of patient care services. This position ensures that established policies and procedures are used to ensure the delivery of quality patient care and that any care variances are reported promptly to the appropriate supervisor.
Apply Here »
- Ensures adequate staffing levels to provide safe patient care while meeting established productivity guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a patient advocate with compassion and empathy shown to all patients and their families.
- Collaborates with other clinical/ancillary departments to resolve issues and improve workflow processes throughout the department.
- Practices appropriate infection control and isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and control the spread of infection.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legal implications of documentation.
- Initiates and conducts emergency measures (including CPR, ACLS, PALS, SAMA) required to stabilize the patient’s condition.
- Ensures abnormal test results are reported to physician promptly; triages activities based on borderline and/or normal and/or unusual signs
- Acts as a clinical resource staff
- Actively involved in counseling, coaching, and annual evaluations of nursing personnel.
- Provides supervision to subordinates by company Policies and Procedures and applicable federal and state law.
- Reports variances in operations to the Administration promptly.
- Ability to address and resolve staff, patient, family, and physician concerns
- Supports and actively participates in Perception of Care Committee initiatives
- Maintains employee/patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures employees complete all required documentation, and complete documentation audits as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferred one (1) year of experience in a hospital/rehabilitation setting.
- Preferred one (1) year of experience as House Supervisor
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State performing duties.
- Certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and SAMA per facility policy.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain it within thirty (30) days of hire