RN - Med/Surg - Full-Time Day & Night shifts available- $7,500 Sign on Bonus
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing, the RN provides direct nursing care following the laws governing nursing practice and hospital policy.
Provides patient care within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act of the BNE and hospital policies and procedures.
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress, care requirements, and treatment goals.
- Performs complete head-to-toe assessment of each assigned patient within one hour from the beginning of the shift.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures, including the ten rights and legible documentation.
- Performs patient rounds at least every 2 hours.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment. Reports non-functioning equipment to Central Supply.
- Completes all required documentation legibly and before the end of shift.
- Receives telephone orders from Licensed Independent Practitioner and fulfills orders per established policies and procedures within the shift received. Ensures read back occurs for accuracy.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and changes in condition that require intervention and/or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Demonstrates competence in performing basic drug calculations.
- Investigates all unfamiliar procedures, techniques, and medications (purpose, methods, and side effects) before carrying them out.
- Participates in patient team rounds as required and completes team conference reports before the conference.
- Accepts patient assignments within their scope, as directed by the Nurse Manager/House Supervisor. Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered.
- Provide comprehensive patient handoff at the end of shift.
- Completes 12-hour chart checks on all assigned patients with the oncoming nurse during shift report ensuring all orders have been addressed during their shift and ensure MARs have been updated accordingly.
- Ensures both signatures (oncoming/off going nurses) are provided at the end of chart check validating proper chart check has occurred.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Attends 80% of Nurse Education courses with Nexus Specialty Hospital.
- Attends at least 80% of all staff meetings.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Actively participates in orientation/precepting of new employees.
- Possesses the ability to recognize changes in patient condition and implements appropriate interventions.
- Completes documentation that reflects patient events, communication, status, and changes.
- Completes SBAR when placing all calls to physicians.
- Verbalizes the Registered Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Communicate with patients, patients’ families, staff, and physicians professionally and courteously.
- Participates as a nurse team member in Quality Management System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of at least two (2) years of experience in the acute/post-acute hospital setting is preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Texas performing duties.
- Certified in AHA BLS and ACLS