RN - Wound Care - Full Time
Coordinates treatment to provide comprehensive wound assessments and plan of care, including goals, implementation of treatment, evaluation, and outcomes for patients throughout the organization. Provides patient, family, and staff education regarding wound management, prevention of pressure ulcers, support surfaces, dressing selections, and other therapies. The RN-Wound Care is a resource person for physicians, wound team, and clinical staff.
Apply Here »
- Assesses and reassesses patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Develops effective treatment plans based on existing, evidence-based protocols.
- Communicates with the Director of Wound Care, physicians, and other treatment team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Assists Licensed Independent Practitioners during wound debridement and/or graft applications.
- Assists with sterilization of surgical instruments via autoclave.
- Performs wound debridement within both skill level and scope of practice.
- Initiates measures to prevent and treat patient’s wound/skin issues (e.g., Specialty mattress, positioning/turning schedule, recommendations for referrals, etc.).
- Assists with staff education in regard to skin integrity and/or wound management: Prevention, assessment, and treatment.
- Serves as a resource for hospital staff specific to managing patients’ skin/wound issues.
- Performs patient/caregiver education and documents accordingly.
- Participates in necessary meetings, conferences, etc.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate, and professional guidelines by the end of shift.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Performs the above duties/responsibilities in inpatient and outpatient clinic settings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred minimum of at least two (2) years experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living settings.
- 1 Year of inpatient or out patient wound care experience
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Certified in AHA BLS
- Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class within 90 days of hire and maintain annually.