Speech Therapist – PRN - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Speech Therapist serves as the facility speech therapist conducting patient speech assessments, evaluations and performing speech therapy services.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs speech therapy for facility patients as assigned.
- Screens, evaluates and develops individualized treatment plans.
- Evaluates patients within two to three working days of physician referral, depending on level of care.
- Provides age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluates patient response to treatment and documents the treatment plan as necessary.
- Provides information retreatment and updates to staff, physician and family members
- Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Provides patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Communicates results of speech-language evaluations and recommendations to treatment team and patient/family.
- Participates in patient care conferences as necessary to provide updated patient progress and goal revisions if needed.
- Serves as a resource in areas of speech-language pathology.
- Conducts in-services as requested.
- Coordinates treatment activity with other disciplines and team members as appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of improved efficiency and productivity of unity clinical functions.
- Offers positive suggestions/solutions to improve service delivery and unit operations.
- Assists with the development of student programs as requested.
- Contributes to the delivery of cost-effective care.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Documents and charges daily therapeutic units timely and accurately.
- Communicates with the Director of Clinical Services regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Supervise SLPA in direct patient care and patient related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of master’s level program in which is either accredited by the Speech Language Pathology Educational Standards Board or whose course work and practice meet course ASLHA certification.
- Minimum of one year working with adult and adolescent populations preferably in a hospital setting.
Apply Here »
- Must be licensed by the state of Texas in Speech-Language Pathology
- Must be certified in CPR
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.