Staff Accountant - Full Time
The Staff Accountant performs detailed accounting functions for the company relating to the recording of transactions and production of financial statements and performance metrics.
Apply Here »
- Reconcile bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Generate routine accounting reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Work closely with other accounting team members to facilitate efficient data flow and clean accounting information.
- Assist accounts payable where needed, including invoice entry and cutting checks.
- Maintain Fixed Assets including monthly roll forward.
- Prepare and post journal entries in Great Plains system.
- Key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Prepare payroll journal entries, including accruals
- Assist in month-end close process
- Post journal entries prepared by other accountants
- Furnish internal reports as needed and revises/updates reports to be more useful and efficient
- Provide support to facility Administrators and team members
- Perform necessary steps to close facility at month-end
- Assist with analysis of financial information for financial close
- Assist the Assistant Controller with internal audits to ensure integrity of processes and data
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet
- Gather, analyze, and provide data for financial audits based on financial documentation
- Assist Controller and finance team in preparing and delivering annual budgets to facilities and management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One- three (1-3) years’ experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- MS Office and knowledge of accounting software
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in related field