The Staff Accountant performs detailed accounting functions for the company relating to the recording of transactions and production of financial statements and performance metrics.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reconcile bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
2. Generate routine accounting reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
3. Work closely with other accounting team members to facilitate efficient data flow and clean accounting information.
4. Assist accounts payable where needed, including invoice entry and cutting checks.
5. Maintain Fixed Assets including monthly roll forward.
6. Prepare and post journal entries in Great Plains system.
7. Key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
8. Attend and participate in meetings as required.
9. Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
10. Prepare payroll journal entries, including accruals
11. Assist in month-end close process
12. Post journal entries prepared by other accountants
13. Furnish internal reports as needed and revises/updates reports to be more useful and efficient
14. Provide support to facility Administrators and team members
15. Perform necessary steps to close facility at month-end
16. Assist with analysis of financial information for financial close
17. Assist the Assistant Controller with internal audits to ensure integrity of processes and data
18. Assist in reconciling balance sheet
19. Gather, analyze, and provide data for financial audits based on financial documentation
20. Assist Controller and finance team in preparing and delivering annual budgets to facilities and management
Performs other duties as assignedApply Here »