The System Administrator is responsible for the administration, performance monitoring, backups, security, upgrades, report generation, analytics, dashboards, and implementation of all servers for the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors and maintains the availability and security of the server environment.
2. Provides a high level of service and customer satisfaction to the end user.
3. Ensures availability during maintenance windows, testing, disaster recovery planning, or unplanned outages as needed.
4. Communicates and works with super users for buy-in and support of IT initiatives.
5. Documents and provides resolutions to staff questions in person and via phone on all company supported applications.
6. Performs hardware, software, and phone installations.
7. Maintains confidentiality and security standards and policies for the organization.
8. Is a member of the client services team and may be assigned end user support tasks.
9. Records in detail documentation of problem and resolution into helpdesk tracking system.
10. Has strong working knowledge of Microsoft Backend Products, Linux and Virtualization Software.
11. Plans and performs regularly scheduled or unscheduled server and operating system patches, and upgrades as needed.
12. Recommends and generates quotations on company IT purchases. Working closely with the IT leadership, continually looks for and creates plans of action to implement cost savings for the company
13. Monitors system logs daily, weekly, monthly to identify server, security, or database issues.
14. Manages projects, coordinates vendors and team members to completion.
15. Monitors and sustains the proper utilization of system resources. Continually looks for and implements ways to improve network performance.
16. Monitors and protect against possible system vulnerabilities, exploits, and security issues.
17. Performs data exports, imports, and conversions as needed.
18. Schedules and perform regular backups and test restore of all data files
19. Develops automation to schedule jobs, run routines, and deliver daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
20. Provides mentoring and instructional support for team members and subordinates.
21. Participates in change control to identify dependencies, conflicts and communicate to key stakeholders as needed.
22. Engages in a planned program of professional development, coordinated with IT goals and responsibilities; maintains continual growth in a professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
23. Performs other duties as assignedApply Here »
• ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED: At least three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Windows 2008 or above Server administration in a production environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network, and telecommunication issues
• Infrastructure admin (SAN, H/A, DFS-R, Wi-Fi etc.)
• Cisco Networking and Cisco Call Manager and Unity experience
• CCNA, Network+, RHCSA, MC5A preferred (not required)
• VMware ESX Experience
• Hyper-S administrative experience