Virtual Patient Technician - Full-time
Under the daily supervision of the Charge Nurse and directly to the Nurse Manager, the Virtual Patient Technician observes the assigned patients for any unusual behavior and assists in the prevention of any harm to the patient by notifying appropriate personnel.
Apply Here »
- Monitors assigned patients virtually at the monitoring station
- Notifies nurse and / or caregiver when patients need any assistance
- Notifies Nurse Manager have any monitor issues
- Communicates with patients and family members in a professional manner
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner
- Accepts reassignment to work as a floor patient technician as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a patient technician preferred.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Certified in AHA BLS/CPR
- Certified in SAMA within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and annually after that.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or obtain within thirty (30) days of hire