Medical and rehabilitation services for children and adolescents at Nexus Children's Hospital – Dallas
Nexus’ Dallas children’s hospital serves patients of all ages with brain injury, spinal cord injury, medically complex injuries, serious illness, and other ongoing, serious diagnoses. While there is no place like home for a child, our friendly, family-focused medical complex offers a variety of services and programs designed to help our young patients make progress — because we’re mending minds.
The Nexus network of care
Nexus Children’s Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home.
How can we serve you?
Nexus programs and services are nationally recognized. Here are the programs currently offered at this facility.
Standards of Care
- 60 private rooms
- ICU to ICU stepdown and rehabilitation units provide an on-site continuum of care
- Rehabilitation gym with state-of-the-art equipment
- Indoor and outdoor activity rooms for purposeful and structured therapeutic playtime
- Sensory room designed to reduce overstimulation and promote self-regulating behaviors
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Recreational therapy, pet therapy, and activities that promote prosocial interactions
- Individualized nutrition plans developed by registered dietitian
- Daily physician, physician’s assistant, and nurse practitioner coverage
- 24-hour nursing coverage
Visiting a patient in the Dallas area
Located north of the city and just 15 minutes east of the Dallas Medical Center, Nexus Children’s Hospital – Dallas is close to great accommodations, dining options, and activities. There are many hotels in the area, as well as the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, which keeps families together while children are receiving essential care.
There is a lot you can enjoy in Dallas while you’re here. Explore the Perot Museum of Nature and Science or find theater or dance events in Dallas. The bustling 20 square blocks that comprise the Dallas arts district have lots to offer as well. If you’re interested in the outdoors, the Dallas Zoo or a number of green spaces are available too. Discover the many great activities and attractions to enjoy when you visit Dallas.