Nexus Children’s Hospital – Houston is a bridge between hospital and home for pediatric medical care, rehabilitation, and behavioral health
Nexus’ Houston children’s hospital serves patients of all ages with brain injury, spinal cord injury, other medically complex injuries, serious illness, developmental delays, and co-occurring physical, behavioral and mental health needs. We offer a continuum of care within our bright, home-like hospital situated in a quiet neighborhood in the Westchase District in Houston. Specialized services are tailored to each of our young patient’s needs, goals, and recovery journey — since we’re mending minds.
The Nexus network of care
Nexus Children’s Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home.
How can we serve you?
Nexus programs and services are nationally recognized. Here are the programs currently offered at this facility.
Standards of Care
- 40 private rooms
- Combining characteristics of a hospital with features of a residential rehabilitation center to address the whole person
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Recreational therapy, pet therapy, and activities that promote prosocial interactions
- Activities and events, including arts and crafts, water days, sports activities, movie nights, bingo, and yoga
- Sensory room designed to reduce overstimulation and promote self-regulating behaviors
- Integrates psychiatrist, mental health therapists, mental health technicians, pediatrician, and physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor in one setting
- Mental health services, including behavior management, mental health, individual and group therapy interventions
- Daily physician, physician’s assistant, and nurse practitioner coverage
- 24-hour nursing coverage
Explore our Houston Campus
Take a virtual tour, watch videos or scroll through photos of our children’s hospital.
Visiting a patient in the Houston area
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood about 30 minutes west of the bustling Texas Medical Center, Nexus Children’s Hospital – Houston offers the perfect balance of proximity and peacefulness. Close to great accommodations, dining options, and activities, we’re proud to partner with Candlewood Suites — Houston Westchase for great rates for Nexus caregivers, families, and friends. Call 713.244.0400 and mention Nexus to book a stay.
You can also turn your visit into an adventure. Houston has many great attractions, events, and activities to enjoy. Explore more than 6,000 animals at the Houston Zoo or learn and discover at several world-class museums, including the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Children’s Museum of Houston. You can also take a leisurely stroll and find local products at the Rice Village Farmers Market or the Flea by Night at Discovery Green. Discover the many great activities and events in Houston online.